The penthouse suite at the 5-star Hotel Castel in South Tyrol offers stunning panoramic views
Enjoy style and comfort in a class of its own
Furnished in the typical style of the Vineyard suites, this suite not only has its own champagne fridge, but also offers a unique view from the top floor with its large windows.
- Fully air-conditioned rooms/suites with south-facing balcony, separate bath/WC, rain shower, hairdryer, flat-screen TV, minibar, room safe, espresso machine
- Breakfast buffet with a wide selection of food and drinks as well as live cooking
- Dinner with a large à la carte menu, salad buffet and cheese selection
- Weekly themed buffets with sweet and savoury delicacies
- Weekly cocktail reception with gala dinner fit for a star
- Wi-Fi in all rooms
- Daily newspapers and magazines (printed and digital)
- Over 50 digital television programmes
- Sky Bundesliga conference and Sky F1 in German language
- Panorama fitness room with modern Technogym equipment
- Cosy soft bathrobe and slippers
- Use of the pool area with light-flooded indoor pool and panoramic outdoor pool including sunbathing areas and sun terraces
- Use of the entire Meranesse fine Spa area with many different saunas and baths, adventure showers, Kneipp basin and relaxation areas (both indoors and outdoors)
- Wine tastings in the Castel vinotheque
- Entertainment at music evenings, concerts & art performances
- Personalised gifts for personal celebrations
- South Tyrol Guest Pass: includes the use of all public transport, regional trains, cable cars, trams, and funiculars, PostBus Switzerland, plus one visit per card to each of around 80 South Tyrolean museums
- Golf card for 20% green fee discount on the 9 South Tyrolean golf courses
- Free tennis on clay courts
- Castel app with lots of useful information about the region
- Electronic road books for trips in a convertible or classic car
- Personal garage parking space
Individual services for an extra charge
- Dinner at the 2-star Castel fine dining restaurant
- Charging facility (22 kW) for your electric vehicle
- Golf lessons
- Tennis training
- Riding lessons
- Guided hikes and climbing tours
- Picnic baskets or hiking rucksacks filled with goodies
- E-mountain bikes of the current season for hire
- Car safe for your valuable vehicle
- Hotel's own Audi R8 Spyder V10 (620 hp) and vintage convertibles for hire for day trips
- Cultural evenings in Merano, Bolzano, Verona and Milan
- Excursions for classic cars and convertibles
- Pick-up from Merano and Bolzano railway station
- Limousine service from Bolzano, Innsbruck and Verona airports (others on request)
- Early check-in and late check-out for a surcharge of 50% of the room rate (plus meals)
- Exclusive participation in the Dine & Wine Festival from November 10th to 14th, 2024 – surcharge to the room rate: € 118 per person and night for double occupancy and € 184 per person and night for single occupancy
Our way of saying thank you
Regardless of the room category you book, you will receive a € 24 voucher for each day of your stay, whether you stay once or do several short stays. For a total of 14 nights, for example, you will receive over € 330 for your loyalty!
All prices are per person/night plus the currently applicable local tax for adults and young people aged 14 and over and include VAT. Prices are subject to change at any time, which is why only the official written offers are valid and binding.
Arrival and departure
Your room is ready for occupancy from 3:00 p.m. on the day of arrival. On the day of departure we ask you to vacate your room by 11:30 a.m.
Travel cancellation insurance
Plans are always subject to change at short notice, unfortunately also on holiday. We therefore recommend that you take out travel cancellation and/or trip interruption insurance and will be happy to help you with this.
Payment terms and cancellation conditions
All rooms and suites can be booked for single occupancy. The following surcharges apply: Double room 30%, Junior Suites and Vintage Suite 60%, Tower Suite and higher categories 80% of the room rate. All accommodation prices are per person/night, package prices per person, plus the local tax of € 3.40 per guest and per night applicable in South Tyrol. Children under the age of 14 are exempt from this tax. You can pay your hotel bill in cash (euros only) or by bank transfer in advance, in which case you will receive a 3% discount on the room rate. You can also pay by credit card (Visa, Eurocard, Master Card and American Express). Cancellation is free of charge up to 3 weeks before arrival. In the event of later cancellation, later arrival or early departure, we will unfortunately have to charge you 80% of the room price for the days not used.
Cancellation conditions for groups
For bookings of 5 rooms or more, the following cancellation conditions apply, regardless of whether all or individual rooms are canceled: A deposit of 80% of the room rate must be paid. Once the deposit has been received, the booking is confirmed. 20% of the accommodation cost will be charged/retained in the event of cancellation. From 6 weeks before arrival, 60% of the accommodation cost for the canceled rooms must be paid, from 3 weeks the usual 80%. In the case of no-show, late arrival or early departure 100%.
Children’s beds/cots and discounts
We welcome children up to the age of 4. For children up to the age of 8 we charge € 90 per day including breakfast and dinner. Children from 9 to 12 years receive a 50% discount on the package prices. Teenagers from 13 to 18 years receive a 20% discount on the room rates. The prices only apply if the 3rd person shares the room with 2 adults.
To our canine friends
Please let us know at the time of enquiry whether you wish to bring your four-legged friend with you. Please note that they are not allowed to access the restaurants, swimming pools or spa area. We charge a surcharge of € 35 per day for the extra cleaning during your stay and the special room cleaning at the end of your stay.
Refreshing views: Non-alcoholic drinks from the minibar are included in the price.
You can reach the large balcony with its unique panoramic view from both the bedroom and the separate living area.
The generously proportioned bathroom is flooded with natural light and features a free-standing bathtub.